Surface grinding and external cylindrical grinding wheels, highly developed, with super-abrasives (CBN or diamond) in synthetic resin bonding. The high-strength, vibration-optimised VIB STAR grinding wheel base body permits a high damping for a smooth, even grinding process with high surface quality.
- Extreme performance improvement (G-factor) compared to conventional grinding media.
- The vibration-damping design of the carrier body significantly increases the working life.
- Continuous self-sharpening effect due to even power consumption and avoidance of cyclical sharpening operations.
CBN coating for high performance grinding of long-chipping ferrous materials such as hardened chrome steels and HSS tool steels (including powder metallurgy grades) and nickel-based alloys.
- General use for all materials from a hardness of about 58 HRC (limit of economic use).
- For surface grinding and external cylindrical grinding (straight longitudinal grinding, recess grinding).
- Can be used on all commercially available grinding machines for tool and die making and machine tool building, e.g. Jung, ABA, Blohm, Elb, Mägerle, Ziersch & Hotz, Jones & Shipman.
- Cooling with emulsion or grinding oil is necessary.
- Superabrasive CBN / diamond grinding wheels are always used with less than half the wheel widthcompared to that for conventional grinding wheels.
These grinding wheels can be dressed on a steel block at an infeed of approx. 0.02 mm. Alternatively with a dressing tool No. 599600. Sharpen grinding wheels (opening up the bonding) using sharpening stone No. 599840.